Blue Heron is seeking a Senior Environmental Auditor to lead and manage environmental audits and management system development for our natural resource industry clients (primarily mining). The successful candidate would report to the Auditing and Management Systems Lead and manage internal and client audit teams.
The position will mainly consist of leading and conducting management system and compliance audit services, but will also include consulting services for the implementation and maintenance of management systems and compliance programs, particularly with mining clients in Ontario.
- Leading environmental compliance / management system audits;
- Providing environmental management system services to clients (e.g. risk assessments, legal registries, policy/procedure/program development, etc.);
- Assisting with environmental compliance related-projects;
- Auditing and assisting clients with the implementation of MAC’s Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM) requirements;
- Liaising with internal staff and external clients, stakeholders and regulators;
- Analyzing data, preparing deliverables;
- Managing task budgets and schedules;
- Assisting with proposal preparation; and
- Mentoring junior staff.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may vary depending on the needs of our clients and our company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5-7 years auditing and management system experience;
- Previous experience as a consultant an asset;
- Knowledge of Ontario environmental regulatory requirements and ISO 14001 Standard;
- Willingness to travel;
- Strong computer, verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills;
- Proven ability to work within project budgets, under contracts, and with sub-consultants;
- Professional designation as an auditor an asset;
- Knowledge/experience with the Mining Association of Canada’s Towards Sustainable Mining program;
- Bilingual (French/English) spoken and written an asset; and
- Possession of a current and valid Driver’s License.
BLUE HERON ENVIRONMENTAL - THE COMPANY
Blue Heron is an environmental consulting company with offices in Timmins and Sudbury and satellite offices in Red Lake, Ottawa, Thunder Bay, Sault-Ste-Marie, Orillia and Red Rock, Ontario. We serve a rapidly expanding market, providing a wide range of environmental services to the mining, forestry and aggregate sectors as well as a host of other clients.
For more information about Blue Heron visit our website: www.blueheronenv.com
To apply send your detailed resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.