- To enter, complete the entry form online. There is no entry fee. Do not parcel mail entries.
- Entries must be received by Friday, October 28th, 2022. Blue Heron Environmental takes no responsibility for lost entries.
- Each photo can be entered in one category only: Close-Up, Seasonal-Summer, Seasonal-Fall, Seasonal-Winter, Seasonal-Spring, Wildlife or Workplace.
- Entries are not limited per person.
- Entries may be colour or black-and-white digital photographs. Winners will be required to submit original material (high resolution files) for reproduction purposes, so that the winning pictures can be published. Digital entries can be uploaded electronically as .jpeg, .png, .gif, or .pdg filetypes at http://www.blueheronenv.com/photocontest. Digital files should be at least 1.5 MB in size.
- Each photographer is eligible to win, at most, three entries for this calendar contest. Previous winners in any year, and in any category of the Resource Industry Calendar Photo Contests are still eligible to win a prize, given that the artwork they submit has not previously been a winning submission. Each winner will receive a gift card to a locally available retailer, and the grand prize winner will be featured on the calendar cover page and receive a cash prize (amount to be determined).
- Contestants must be affiliated with, or retired from, the natural resource sector, which are the primary industries of: agriculture, forestry, fishing, power generation, and mining.
- Professional and semi-professional photographers (or any photographers who earn money selling their photographs) are eligible and welcome to enter.
- The names of the winners, and photographs are scheduled to be published in late-November 2021.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for cash.
- By submitting photos via the online form or email, the photographer grants to Blue Heron Environmental the right to publish the photographer’s winning entry along with the photographer’s name in a future Blue Heron news release celebrating all contest winners. The photographer will not receive further compensation for such publication. Winners also agree that without further payment, their winning photograph entry may be used in print or electronic form to promote future Blue Heron Environmental photo contests. It is the responsibility of the contestant to ensure that publication of the photographs by Blue Heron Environmental raises no legal claims. The photographer must own all rights to any photographs entered in this contest.
ELIGIBILITY: The Blue Heron Annual Resource Industry Calendar Photo Contest is open to any photographer who is affiliated with, or retired from, the natural resource sector. For more clarification, see: Contest Rules (#7).
Only the photographer has the right to submit a photograph. Prizes will be awarded to the photographers.
JUDGING: Entries will be judged by a panel chaired by Blue Heron Environmental. The decisions of the judges are final. Winners will be notified by telephone, parcel mail and/or e-mail.
By submitting the online entry form, the photographer consents to the entry of his or her submission and agrees to abide by the contest rules.