Environmental Technician Winter Fieldwork Monitoring
Learn the principles and techniques for winter environmental fieldwork monitoring.
Students in our Environmental Technician Winter Fieldwork Monitoring course are introduced to tools and techniques for performing environmental technician duties at industrial sites.
An emphasis is placed on safety and the proper use and maintenance of field equipment.
- A hands-on experience using fieldwork monitoring and sampling equipment
- Understanding monitoring programs and reporting requirements
- Safety considerations when operating on ice, and in remote locations
- COST: $$$
- DURATION: 3 Days
- CLASS SIZE: 5-12 Students
DESIGNED FOR: Technicians responsible for developing and implementing environmental monitoring programs at industrial facilities.
This program focuses specifically on winter fieldwork monitoring and covers topics from legislative requirements to working with site-specific permits.
Topics covered include:
- Water sampling and streamflows, snowpack readings,
- Winter site-inspection considerations,
- Field equipment calibration exercises,
- Legislative requirements and data collection parameters, and
- Field sample transportation and storage.