JOIN OUR TEAM
Blue Heron is currently seeking an Environmental Management System/ Compliance Specialist to join our Permitting and Compliance Team in Ontario.
If working within a multi-disciplined team of Environmental Professionals in a rapidly growing company sounds like a good fit, then apply today!
The successful applicant will provide support to our senior permitting specialists as well as our environmental compliance staff in projects for the industrial sector, focused on mining, forestry and aggregate clients. They will lead and contribute to environmental permitting and compliance activities for a variety of projects.
The role can be located in Timmins, Sudbury or Thunder Bay. There is also an opportunity to work remotely from a home office anywhere in Ontario.
- Leading/contributing to environmental permitting projects, including project scheduling, tracking budgets, and preparing regular progress reports;
- Authoring/coordinating subcontractors for permit submissions;
- Liaising between clients and regulatory agencies; and
- Preparing regulatory and technical sections of applications.
- Leading/coordinating Environmental Risk Assessments;
- Leading/coordinating/writing for compliance-related projects (Emergency Response Plans, Spill Prevention and Contingency Plans, Environmental Management Plans);
- Coordinating and tracking of assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets and deliverables;
- Participating in Environmental Compliance/Environmental Management System Audits;
- Providing logistical support for environmental field programs; and
- Coordinating technical work of others ensuring deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
- Contributing to proposals (budget development and proposal writing);
- Client management, client communication and business development; and
- Subcontractor management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Environmental Diploma;
- Knowledge of and experience with environmental permitting requirements in Ontario;
- Excellent writing, organizational, and management skills;
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently;
- 5+ years of practical experience with environmental compliance/risk management at industrial facilities (mining, forestry, aggregate);
- Supervisory/project management experience;
- Indigenous and public engagement experience;
- Ability to coordinate technical professionals;
- Strong project scheduling and financial management skills;
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
- Detail oriented and can work independently with limited direction but also as part of a team;
- Focus and commitment to providing quality deliverables in a timely fashion;
- Ability to travel to client sites; and
- Experience as a compliance auditor and/or with management systems is an asset
To apply send your detailed resume with references to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.