Update to Ontario's Fire Code
Ontario Gazette (Dec. 27, 2014).
Ontario Fire Code (O. Reg. 213/07)
Technical changes were made to the Ontario Fire Code (O. Reg. 213/07) under the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997 on December 10, 2014.
Changes came into force on January 1, 2015.
- New section in Part 5 that applies to hot surface applications used in roofing operations.
- New fire safety planning requirements for buildings with a contained use area or impeded egress zone.
- New requirements for double-wall construction for flammable and combustible liquid storage tanks and piping systems to harmonize with the requirements in the National Fire Code (NFC) and other provincial regulations.
- Relocation of code requirements within the Ontario Fire Code to more closely align with the structure of the NFC.
- References to more current editions of standards and other documents.