June 26-30, 2017 | Timmins, ON
Our Environmental Technician Workshop focuses on a variety of topics that help you become a safer and more effective monitor. Participants will learn proper monitoring techniques at industrial sites, and the laws and regulations that shape environmental monitoring duties.
The workshop is a mix of both classroom and field exercises. Proper seasonal apparel and PPE is required (i.e. CSA Approved footwear, reflective vest, hard hat, safety glasses, and gloves).
Purpose & Benefits:
Participants will participate in a hands-on comprehensive monitoring course:
- Updates on the latest legislative and regulatory changes.
- Monitoring and Sampling best practices for: groundwater, surface water, streamflow, dust fall, and soil sampling.
- Conducting Site-Inspections
- Safety considerations for a variety of field activities and environmental conditions.
INTRODUCTION TO ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING
- Introduction to Environmental Monitors – Responsibilities, Training Requirements, Career Opportunities
- Introduction to Applicable Legislation (including Permits)
- Environmental Inspections – Risk Identification and Assessment (field safety and environmental level risk assessments)
- Field Safety Plans
EMERGENCY AND SPILLS PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE
- Environmental Emergency Preparedness and Response Introduction and Regulatory Requirements
- Spill Response Desktop Scenarios and Live Drills
- What’s important?
- How to Interpret and Communicate Information
WATER MONITORING AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- Water – Regulatory Requirements
- Surface Water and Flow Monitoring Techniques
- Groundwater – Monitoring Techniques
- Practical Exercises
- Air Monitoring Techniques
- Soil Sampling
- Practical Exercises and Site-Visit
- Regulatory Requirements
- Best Practices – Management, Recycling and Diversion
- Inspection Targets and Tools
POST-FIELDWORK PROTOCOLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Field Navigation and GIS
- Taking Proper Field Notes and Photos
- Sample Handling and Shipment
- Laboratory Protocols and Data Management
- Interpreting Values and Data
- Practical Exercises
- Designing and Implementing Site-Specific Monitoring Programs
This Environmental Monitor Workshop is applicable to a broad audience of resource industry workers, and people looking for an introduction into the field of environmental monitoring.
- Environmental Technicians, Monitors and Coordinators
- Environmental Consultants, and Professionals
- Engineering Consultants, Professionals, Technologist and Technicians
Webinar Cost: $2600*
*Ask us about our training bundles and save $ on each training session you attend in 2016!