« All Events
SEMINAR | Mining Environmental Coordinator Workshop
May 9 @ 8:00 am - May 13 @ 12:00 pm $2500
MAY 9-13, 2016 | Timmins, ON
Learn how to turn environmental legislative requirements into effective environmental programs that can help you maintain compliance at your site.
Our Environmental Coordinator Workshop offers a comprehensive overview of the environmental responsibilities that exist within the framework of a modern day mining operation.
We provide insight into the permitting process for mining and exploration projects in Ontario, while equipping registrants with a better understanding of legal requirements. Mock environmental emergency scenarios will highlight response protocols and the importance of managing environmental compliance and monitoring programs.
Purpose & Benefits:
The purpose of our Mining Environmental Coordinator Workshop is to provide participants with:
- Updates on the latest legislative and regulatory changes,
- An introductory course on permitting a mining project in Ontario,
- Monitoring guidelines,
- Consultation strategies and protocols, and
- Closure plan requirements and implementation.
An introduction to Environmental Management Systems is also provided.
LEGISLATION AND COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Legislative Framework (Provincial and Federal)
- Application of Legislation
PERMITTING A MINING PROJECT AND SUPPORTING BASELINE STUDIES
- Introduction to Permitting and Permitting Requirements
- Introduction to Baseline Requirements for Permitting Environmental Assessments
- Triggers for Mining Projects
CLOSURE AND CONSULTATION REQUIREMENTS
- Closure Planning and Approval Process
- Mine Rehabilitation Code and Financial Assurance
- Consultation Requirements for Permitting
FIELD MONITORING TECHNIQUES AND BEST PRACTICES
- Surface and Groundwater Monitoring
- Streamflow Measurements
- Storm Water Control Studies
INTRODUCTION TO BASELINE STUDIES
- Introduction to Hydrogeology
- Introduction to Hydrology and Water Management
- Geochemistry and Waste Rock Management
- Aquatic Studies and Environmental Effects
- Monitoring Terrestrial Baseline Assessments
- Species at Risk Approvals in Ontario
ENVIRONMENTAL EMERGENCIES PREP AND RESPONSE
- Spill Prevention, Contingency and Response Review
- Potential Environmental Emergencies
- Training and Drills/Tests
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- Value-Added Compliance Programs (aka Management Systems)
- Environmental Management Program
- Implementation and Self Auditing
This Mining Environmental Coordinator Workshop is applicable to a broad audience of resource industry workers, regardless of previous experience as an environmental professional.
- Environmental Technicians and Coordinators
- Environmental Consultants, and Professionals
- Engineering Consultants, Professionals, Technologist and Technicians
- Resource Industry Managers
Webinar Cost: $2500*
*Ask us about our training bundles and save $ on each training session you attend in 2016!